- Strip non-printable characters from the CFBundleGetInfoString in app bundles.
- Fixed a bug when creating Mac installer on Windows without special DMG batch file.
- Increased size of entry fields on several panels.
- Split the Welcome panel in the Advanced interface into 2 tabs.
- Install Java 7 or later on Mac 10.7.3 or later.
- Installers on Mac work with Java 5, Java 6, Java 7 or later.
- Create a dmg Mac installer when installer created on OS X or Linux.
- Include compatibility key for Windows 8 in all EXEs.
- Integrate finding java classes and selecting files to distribute.
- Show the java classes automatically found in the End user system's installation directory's listing.
- Report an error if the distribution files are too large.
- Report an error if the installer is too large and offer suggestions how to reduce the size.
- Don't show the full details of the exception in Builder's status window.
- Turn Build and Test buttons grey when disabled.
- Do not save the platform properties during an unattended build.
- Updated cinstaller for Linux 64 bit.
- Disable searching in the path for a JVM on Mac since it can return a false positive on 10.7 and later.
- Disable all platform buttons on Build panel when building a subproject or jar project.
- Fixed a bug in selecting look and feel option.
- Moved the Java classes tab to the Select Files tab.
- Do not include [$AppName] as part of the default project directory when starting a new project.
- When starting a new project, initiate the Build classpath to JVM's system classpath.
- Notice to existing customers:
- Deprecated addMacLauncher() in MacOS. Replaced with createLauncher().
- Deprecated setSplashFile() in MacOS. Include the splash file in the JVM extra parameters on the JVM tab.
- Redesigned the Mac app bundles to allow the same installer to work with any supported version of Java.
- Detect the version of the JVM being bundled automatically.
- Verify that there is a java executable in the JVM directory used to create a JVM bundle.
- Warn the user that the updates expired before attempting to update JExpress.
- Fixed adding desktop icons for everyone on Windows.
- Automatically fill in the 3rd party installer command after the user selects the path if the command is blank.
- Re-organized the JVM panel so the options are spread across more sub-tabs.
- Do not automatically fill in the JRE version when selecting the 3rd party JVM installer unless install pathnames have already been set.
- Start the Wizard interface if selected from the initial launch dialog.
- Include separate fields for the bundled jvm version and the 3rd party installer version.
- Streamlined the 3rd party JVM installer's dialog box.
- Fixed selecting "New project" from the initial launch dialog.
- Do not warn about not finding the main class for a menu if the class is in a JAR file.
- Enable the menu on Mac on startup.
- When you start a New project and then switch between Advanced and Wizard interface, remember the new project.
- Uninstall the desktop icon and boot menu items on Windows when installed for all users.
- Updated several tutorials.
- Use the Base directory in the 3rd party installer's pathname.
- Include methods to detect Windows 8.
- Added more logging while adding and deleting Windows menus.
- Fixed selecting the image and wizard button positions on the Layout panel.
- Handle missing theme from project when migrating an older project.
- Support SOCKS proxies.
- Change proxy settings for updater and JExpress from Options menu.
- Elimintated the Redirect properties for the Updater.
- Support 3rd party installers for the JVM on Windows and Linux.
- Install java app as a Windows service. Java main class must have start() and stop() methods.
- Sign Mac OS X native installers when user supplies a certificate and command.
- Pass predefined command line arguments to the program after auto-updating.
- Advanced interface's launcher dialog box now uses 2 inner tabs instead of 2 nested dialog boxes.
- Visibly enable/disable options panels when a modal dialog box opens in the Advanced interface.
- Do not escape colons when converting variables for a non-java menu on Windows.
- If unable to verify license during an unattended build, exit with a -1 result code.
- Do not display a zero in the proxy port settings when a port hasn't been set.
- Fixed a possible race condition.
- Throw an error if attempt to distribute a file in the local build directory.
- Adjusted all examples in Sample directory to synchronize enter() methods.
- Change the initial default interface to Advanced for Mac users.
- Save the minimum consolidated JVM requirements in cross platform installer.
- If no JVM requirements defined when creating Windows launcher, set minimum JRE 1.5.
- Fixed finding an updated JRE on Windows if original replaced.
- Close updater when Exit button clicked if updater updated itself.
- Removed extra leading period when selecting a project while launching JExpress.
Notice to existing customers: If you have any custom Java classes, then
be sure to verify that your classes include the word synchronized in front of
the following methods: prepareToEnter(), enter(), leave(), and setActive().
- Support proxies that require authentication be provided before requested, such as ISA Server 6.
- Reset the proxy configuration if user removes the proxy settings.
- Do not blank the proxy port number when requesting the user enter the proxy settings.
- Re-enabled displaying changes log from computers running unix.
- Install launcher as a service when installed on Windows or Linux as superuser.
- Detect proxy server automatically whenever possible.
- Each project now has its own subdirectory where the project settings file (jex file), platform settings, etc. are maintained.
Notice to existing customers: JExpress converts your projects to the new layout when you run JExpress interactively.
- Prompt for credentials and proxy setting in 2 separate panels when CopyCheq active.
- When warnings detected in build, let user view warnings in the status window.
- Improved management of native launchers with a different working directory than the install directory.
- Automatically exclude files from the build directory if the build directory is part the Select Files list.
- Improved the build.xml and build-custom.xml examples in the Samples subdirectory.
- Added InstallJBoss.java example to the Samples subdirectory.
- Updated UninstallMenu example in the Samples subdirectory.
- Fixed jump points in the manual to the Samples subdirectory.
- Add each opened project to the Recent menu after it's opened.
- Fixed displaying prices from computers running unix.
- Temporarily disabled displaying changes log from computers running unix.
- Moved the "Add test icons" checkbox closer to the Build button in the Advanced interface.
- Create a 2 stage auto-updater when installing on a Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac if install dir is a secure directory (e.g., Program files).
- Support SSL and TLS ftp connections.
- Support proxy servers when uploading files to your ftp server.
- Support passive and active ftp connections.
- Rollback the install directory if user cancel installer and they installed into a new directory.
- Configure the uninstaller to run as admin if the installer must run as admin.
- Fixed a bug in determining if the correct version of the JVM is installed on Mac.
- Automatically configure auto-updater to run as admin on Mac if install dir is in the /Applications dir.
- Set the working directory on Mac relative to the install dir, not the app launcher dir.
- Fixed a formatting error in a click free uninstaller.
- No longer distribute identity.obj with the cross platform installer.
- Add the estimated size to Windows registry for the uninstaller.
- Add the URLInfoAbout to Windows registry for the uninstaller if website defined and begins with http.
- Fixed the WindowsRegistry API method replaceData when an Integer was the third parameter.
- Set project's colors when loading from the Open menu.
- Changed the layout of the launch dialog so New and Open are on the same line.
- Changed "Short project name" to "Project filename" when starting a new project.
- When Enter clicked in the New project dialog, act as if OK button clicked.
- When user starts New project when JExpress starts, don't return to the launch dialog.
- Report if a directory has a security restriction that won't allow it to be included in the selected files.
- Fixed launching an app on Mac after installer finishes.
- Enable dialog box after browsing for new directory to save projects.
- Show the ftp user id while entering (formerly displayed asterisks).
- Save all warnings during a build in warnings.log instead of errors.log.
- Set the file size to MB if the webpages templates use __FILE_IN_MB__ instead of __FILESIZE__.
- Call the userCancel methods for all installer panels if user clicks the close button.
- Remove the temporary status file when exiting JExpress.
- Doubled the estimated time to uninstall application.
- Added Reset buttons to the Parent install directory dialog.
- Report the name of the class file which uses dynamic loading.
- Delete the JRE on Windows if installed in a subdirectory of the install dir and named jvm, jre, or java.
- Optionally, specify the working directory for a menu if not the install directory.
- Each launcher can be installed by OS
- Split the launcher dialog box into 2 when using the Advanced interface.
- Recognize Escape key when trying to enter an email address.
- Pressing Enter when entering the email address during the trial moves to the next panel.
- Disabled maximize button on JExpress Builder.
- Introduced the Standard license. All customers with a Binary license have been upgraded to the Standard license.
- Introduced the Enterprise license. All customers with an Installer source license have been upgraded to the Enterprise license.